Welcome to Gokhale Education Society's N.B.Mehta (Valwada) Science College,Bordi, Thane.
ISO 9001:2008 Certified
NAAC Accreditated Grade B (2011-16)
Best College (Rural) Award, 2012, University of Mumbai
‘जागर जाणीवांचा’ जिल्हा स्तरीय पारितोषक 2014, Government of Maharashtra
Our Motto: विद्या धनम् सर्व धन प्रधानम्
Academic Excellence and Value Education
Quality Academics and Faculty
Educational Opportunity for the socially marginalized and tribal
Research and development
Enhancing employability for global competition.
About The College:
The Government of Maharashtra and the University of Mumbai granted permission to the Gokhale Education Society, Nashik to start a single faculty Science College at Bordi from the academic year 1994-95. The College started with one division of F.Y. B.Sc. and developed into a full-fledged degree college of Science in subsequent years. The College has created facilities for the urban as well as rural and adivasi students for higher education in Science and has tried to make them self-sufficient and employable in the industrial sectors.
Late Shriman Nagarjibhai Bhagawanjibhai Mehta, from Valwada, served in the G.E.Society’s S.P.H. High School, Bordi from 1944 to 1969. He rendered his services with utmost integrity and sincerity. He was a disciple of Acharya Bhise and a follower of Mahatma Gandhi. He came forth with a munificent donation and his son Nitinbhai Mehta in accordance with his wishes constructed the college building. The college is named after Shriman Nagarjibhai Mehta. The College is committed to cater to the needs of the area and the residents of Bordi, Gholwad, Borigaon, Dahanu, Jawhar, Mokhada, Talasari and Wada Tahasils. The College has its own beautiful campus of two acres, close to the seashore and it functions in its own buildings situated at a distance of about 2 kms. from the Gholwad Railway Station (W.Rly.)
OUR COMPUTER DEPARTMENT- SAU.L.J.PATHARE INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
Scientific and technological advancement has influenced every facet of society. The rapid development in electronics, computing and communications has led to the creation of Information Technology (IT). With a view to keep pace with the changing times and to equip ourselves to meet the challenges posed before us in the present competitive era, we undertook to develop a computer training centre which has gradually developed as a centre for Graduate and Post Graduate courses in IT and Computer Science. In the year 2000, Late Mr Jaykumar Pathare, a well-known industrialist from Kalyan, came forward to help the Society with a generous donation for the proposed computer academy. This enabled us to construct a well-equipped separate multi storied building for the Institute of Information Technology so that we could cater to the need of advanced education in the field of Information Technology at Bordi Centre.
The College imparts education in B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Information Technology and Computer Science.It provides research facilities leading to Ph.D. degree in Physics. Graduate courses in Biotechnology and Microbiology are available. Mathematics, Botany and Zoology are taught at the FY and SY level.
In the Commerce faculty, students can pursue B. Com. and M.Com. Degrees.
The College offers two UGC approved and supported Career Oriented Courses : 1)Information Technology, 2)Food Processing and Communication Technology
All the courses are permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
- The institution belongs to Gokhale Education Society, which was established in 1918.It has a hundred- year- long, strong tradition of academic excellence.
- Pollution free environment, student- friendly, clean, beautiful, scenic campus
- The only grant-in aid UG Science College in a radius of thirty kilometers
- Awarded Best college (Rural) Award by University of Mumbai in 2012
- Received Jagar Janiwancha Prize from Government of Maharashtra in 2014
- Growth from a single faculty under graduate Science College to a multi-faculty Science and Commerce College
- A recognized research laboratory in Physics
- A variety of courses are available for students to choose from
- UGC approved two Career Oriented Courses available as add-on courses
- Good results in terms of both quality and quantity
- No dearth of students for basic science courses
- Adequately equipped laboratories, airy, well ventilated and lighted classrooms. College building designed for maximum use of natural light which helps to save on electricity
- Co-operative, dedicated ,well qualified and academically progressing teaching faculty with proven interest in research, some are PhD guides
- ICT based teaching-learning encouraged
- Measures to deal with recurrent power cuts are taken on the institutional level
- Disciplined and humble students
- Opportunities made available for students to display their skills, talents in sports and extracurricular activities beyond academics
- Internet connectivity ensured by making use of more than one service provider
- Optimum utilization of resources
- Associated with industrial houses in the vicinity which facilitates placement of students
- Buildings donated by past students
- Our annual college magazine, Amaranth-A Flower That Never Fades is a reflection of all the activities conducted during the year, the achievements of our staff and students. It also depicts their creative aspect.